ShareThis

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Top Five Reasons For Doing Keyword Research

Introduction:

Anyone writing online should be doing keyword research to determine the best keywords to use for any article that is planned. There are several reasons which I detail below.

1. Make More Revenue

If you want to make more money writing online, then it is vital that you do research on keywords and keyword phrases. Using a synonym or slightly changing the phrase can make a big difference in the CPC and revenue to the writer.

2. Stimulate Article Ideas

I can't tell you how many ideas I have come across by seeing the list of synonyms while doing keyword research. Sometimes it is just what is needed to get the creative juices flowing.

3. Assess Search Interest

It is impossible to earn any money from AdSense or other ad networks if you have no traffic to your site or article. Doing the keyword research allows you to determine the search volume for a particular word or phrase. If no one is searching for the term, you will get no traffic and no revenue. Why waste your time on the article?

4. Creates Focus

I believe that doing the research on keywords and keyword phrases creates enough focus and determination to get the article completed. If I have taken the time (about 20 minutes or so) to do some adequate research, I am usually motivated enough to actually sit down, write the article, and get it published.

5. Follow Trends

Not only do I do keyword research, I also keep data on some of the results for various high CPC keywords and phrases. This allows me to spot trends in search which may eventually lead to more traffic and profits by identifying trends earlier and writing a hot article.

Final Thoughts

If you really want to make serious money online, I think that research on keywords related to your topic of interest is vital. By knowing what appeals to searchers and advertisers, you stand a better chance of making more money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment