ShareThis

Monday, February 13, 2012

Monster & Motivation


I went over to the local Walmart, not looking for anything particular, and got myself a 10 pack of Monster energy for about $15. For $1.50 a monster, instead of $2, it wasn't too bad of a deal.

Especially not a bad deal, considering the benefits I've gained from it. Im not here to endorse Monster, but from personal experience, it sets a driving force in you that is sometimes lost with week in and week out of workloads. For the last 5 hours, I have been programming, with one goal in mind; completing what I started. Am I freaking out about not finishing ? No. Am I worried I'll fall asleep? Definitely not... 

The big players in energy drinks are the surge of B vitamins, Ginseng, Taurine, and high amounts of caffeine. All these stimulants combined gives you an alertness equivalent to a few cups of coffee. Considering the high dosage of stimulants, you shouldn't drink more than one in an hour, or more than 2 in a day. You might have some heart complications should you choose to do otherwise. It is also a bad idea mixing with alcohol- although we all love Jager bombs. Mixing stimulants with depressants is a badddd idea. Especially caffeine-  mixed with alcohol will often result in a loss of memory of the previous night.

Anyway...back to the grind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment