ShareThis

Saturday, June 28, 2014

[FIX] FLStudio Beta MAC OSX Missing Text Walkthrough

Requirements


  •  An account on image-line forums.

Forward

I just got my hands on a Macbook Air and first thing I wanted to do was try out FlStudio's Beta. I downloaded the beta and started it up. I saw this to my dismay:


Solution

Ok, I guess this works. No text but any veteran FLStudio user knows his way around the software, butttt, It really makes it a challenge...so let's fix it anyway.

To fix this, you need to install a missing font: ARIAL.TTF

You have to place this file in 
"/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/FL Studio/Bottles/flstudio/drive_c/windows/fonts"

Make sure you do not place it in your Macintosh HD/Library/...

but wait... there is no Library folder under your username!? That's because it is hidden. Follow these steps to reveal it:
  1. Launch Terminal from Mac HD > Applications > Utilities.
  2. From within Terminal type the following command and press Return:
    chflags nohidden ~/Library
  3. Enter the system administrator password, if prompted, and press Return.
Now you can access the Library folder in your user folder.

Registration

Check out http://support.image-line.com/knowledgebase/base.php?id=35&ans=216 for instructions on registering your copy.


Have fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment