ShareThis

Thursday, June 14, 2012

[FIX] Sorry, you have exceeded your sharing quota.

Many users report problems of trying to share google docs with other users and getting this error message, preventing them from sharing. It is especially common on new google accounts.

This is a spam countermeasure by google that has had some unfortunate layover into actual users. There is no way to simply remove the barrier. There are steps you can take though:


1. Ensure your account is activated and phone-verified.
2. Close out of the document and re-open it, try to share the document. (success!)


Alternatives:

1. It is suggested to wait 24 hours and try again.
2. Create a Google Group as an alternative
3. Complain on the Google Docs forum

10 comments:

I hate this error. Why ME!?!

Wait 24 hours?
What planet are they on? Shall I tell the boss I need a day off because I'm using Google? Paper was quicker! A carrier pigeon would be quicker!

I fixed this by verifying my phone number. No need to wait 24 hours or so.

same problem :( only way to get rid this error is to wait for 24hrs and then retry :/

Phone verification worked! Thanks so much!

Awesome! That worked! Thank you so much!

Same problem. Signed out and signed back in and it was fine.

Hi, My phone number is verified but still its not working

it won't fixed as long as you not share with yourself (your own email) first in sharable dialog box, I'm not using my phone numbers, and it works!

Using a trusted google account to share the document with the untrusted account helped:

I needed to request write access to a document, but did not want to use my private account for work, so I created a new one. With this new account I got the error about exceeding my sharing quota (even though I verified it with my phone). Then when I accessed the document with my personal (old and trusted) account and "invited" my new account, I could then access the document with my new account and request write access without a problem.

Post a Comment